Grapes: 100% Sangiovese.

Exposition-Altitude: South–Est – 350 mt. above the sea level.

Soil: Hilly neutral clay, rich in gravel and pebbles (Alberese and Galestro).

Annual production: 40.000 bottles.

Vinification: Manual harvest in 20kg. crates, destemming followed by manual selection of the grapes. Pre-fermentation cold maceration, alcoholic fermentation and maceration in stainless steel, malolactic fermentation in barriques and stainless steel tanks.

Aging: 12 months (70% of the product in French oak barrels of 20hl, the remaining 30% in stainless steel tanks).

Bouquet: Deep ruby red color and intense, with garnet. The nose presents a great olfactory fullness with hints of berries, reds and blacks accompanied with pleasant hints of spice and sweet tobacco. It ‘a structured wine that is in the mouth opens with a soft entrance and fresh, evolving, supported by ripe tannins in a pleasantly fruity and persistent, with a return of fruity notes.

Serving temperature: 16-18°

Food pairings: Enjoy with roast game “fiorentina” steak and cheeses.

20,00

Last Awards

3

Vini Veronelli

92

Wine Spectator

92

James Suckling

Commended

Decanter

2

2008 Gambero Rosso

78

2008 Mondus Vini

Silver Medal

2007 Mondus Vini

4

2006 Bibenda

89

2004 Wine Enthusiast