Grapes: 85% Sangiovese, 5% Cabernet Suvignon, 10% Merlot.

Exposition-Altitude: South-South/West – 400/450 mt. above the sea level.

Soil: Hilly neutral clay, rich in gravel and pebbles (Alberese and Galestro).

Annual production: 40.000 bottles.

Vinification: Manual harvest in 20kg.crates. Fermentation of selected grapes, carried out in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature, with long maceration times (15-20 days), with alternating fulling and delestage.

Aging: 12 months (70% of the product in French oak barrels, half new, the remaining 30% in stainless steel tanks).

Bouquet: Intense ruby red color with light garnet reflexes. The nose with ample aromas of cherry and fresh fruits of the forest, well complemented by pleasant hints of vanilla. In the mouth it is balanced, with good tannins and a well-balanced acidity, which evolves into a savory finish and persistent.

Serving temperature: 16-18°

Food pairings: Enjoy with “pici” with ragout sauce, “pappardelle” with hare sauce, stewed wild boar and stewed roebuck.

13,00

Last Awards

2

2012 Vini Veronelli

88

2012 Wine Spectator

93

2012 James Suckling

2

2008 Gambero Rosso

84

2008 Mondus Vini

Silver Medal

2008 Weinpramierung Zurich

Silver Medal

2007 Mondus Vini

Golden Medal

2007 Weinpramierung Zurich

4

2006 Bibenda

87

2004 Wine Enthusiast