Grapes: 100% Sangiovese.

Exposition-Altitude: South-South/West – 400/450 mt. above the sea level.

Soil: Hilly neutral clay, rich in gravel and pebbles (Alberese and Galestro).

Annual production: 50.000 bottles.
Vinification: Manual harvest in 20 kg. crates.Fermentation of selected grapes, carried out in stainless steel vats at a controlled temperature, with long maceration times (15-20 days), with alternating fulling and delestage.

Aging: 12 months (70% of the product in French oak barrels, the remaining 30% in stainless steel tanks).

Bouquet: Intense ruby red color with purple reflexes. The nose wide and rich with aromas of cherry and fresh fruits of the forest, well complemented by pleasant hints of vanilla and chocolate. In the mouth it is generous and balanced, with sweet and wide tannins. With a well-balanced acidity, which evolves into a savory finish and persistent.

Serving temperature: 16-18°

Food pairings: Enjoy with “pici” with ragout sauce, “pappardelle” with hare sauce, stewed wild boar and stewed roebuck.

15,00

Last Awards

2

2013 Vini Veronelli

91

Wine Enthusiast

91

James Suckling

85

Decanter